GoDaddy Pro

Welcome to our idea center for our Beta. We’re going to be rolling out and iterating on a few new products and we want to hear your feedback!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. great ideal but wouldn't pay for it

I think the design and the ideal is great but there's a lack of features I wouldn't pay for this monthly if it was more then $2.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Site Monitoring in "Real-Time"

I received an email last night telling me that one of the client sites I was monitoring was down for 10 minutes. Logging into the dashboard this morning it was still reporting it as down... for almost 10 hours. However, before I had logged in to GoDaddy Pro I checked the site and it was up and running. Is there a way we can make this report to the dashboard faster so that I'm not logging in, navigating to the site monitoring tab for that client and still not getting an update on the page? Maybe a refresh option in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Monitoring Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Generic Client Name

Hey there,
    I do sites for organizations so it would be cool to have a generic name field thats only one box as opposed to First name, Last name.

That way when I have ACME Company I can just add that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managing Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep "Assign products" link and other issues.

After sending a shopping cart to a client I have ran into issues. The client doesn't want to set up a GoDaddy account and wanted me to buy and manage all parts of the process. However once the cart has been sent to a client the "Assign products you've bought for your client" link is removed. All you can do under the client profile is "RE-SEND ACCESS REQUEST". The client can't "DECLINE" the cart and I can't "CANCEL" the request. After some time in a live chat I was told the only way around this is to get the client…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accessing Client Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback. This is something we’ve heard from a few users now and we plan on fixing it in the coming weeks. Will keep you posted.

5. Domain Transfers

It doesn't seem that I am able to load a cart with a domain transfer for my client. The ability to do this would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sending Shopping Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Payment Management

The brief synopsis of the Pro features mentioned being able to bill clients using payment methods setup on either my account or on my clients account, or just being able to send the shopping cart to them directly to purchase.

Well, I can't seem to find out how to do anything except pay for the cart contents using the clients' payment method. But lets assume this works for a moment and I do in fact see my configured payment methods in addition to my client's.

Here's the problem: the payment method I can see only lists the card type -…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David. Thanks for the feedback. Definitely hear your feedback about wanting to see which payment method you are using (or even add or select a different). Our team is actively looking at improving this experience.

Ian

7. Possible need for rewording on confirmation message?

So I'm adding lots of clients to the Pro dashboard, it's working just fine. But I keep meaning to ask about this... at the point where I have received the email from the client and clicked "accept access" then when it gets to my account, the message is:

You are about to give access to your account (Lisa Stambaugh — 7xxxxxxxxx) If this is not your account...

(I took out my account number).

I suppose that technically, saying "you are about to give access to your account" is correct, in that the access is being added to my account (that…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lisa – thanks for the feedback. can you help me understand your workflow here? are you requesting access to your client’s account via GoDaddy Pro and then using your client’s Username and Password to accept the request?

Thanks!

Ian

8. Naming Clients

When adding clients all there is to add is first name, last name & email. Cool. but most of my clients already have a company and may have one or two employees that I speak with. Can Company names be added? and allow it to be first information or 2nd information.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customer support

I need a fast and efficient customer service which I can reach on a single phone call or email. I have been waiting for about 1 hour on the line with no luck. I wouldn't mind paying more for a much better customer service...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Pro Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How is Pro Integrating?

Is this going to be part of the new dashboard for VPS or dedicated servers? Is it just for reseller accounts? Some clarity here would be nice, I haven't found any info on it's specifics yet.

I would suggest making this part of the VPS/Dedicated dashboard for the VPS owner if it's not already being considered. But please, don't make it a whole separate service that you have to navigate to away from your actual server dashboard, to a separate dashboard, this is very annoying and cumbersome.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Program Benefits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Server Tasks

It would be great if a client also could sign off on giving the pro user access to their server environment, so in the event that a server is in need of attention, maybe restarting apache would be nice, access to top or htop so we can see what processes are slowing it down, ability to kill tasks etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have site monitoring SMS text messages all come from one account

Currently, site monitoring SMS text messages come from a variety of numbers (e.g. "+1 (561) 331-6878", "+1 (205) 206-6445", etc.). The problems with this are:

1. You can't go to one stream of messages to see what's happening.

2. You can't assign a Contact to the number so you recognize who the message is from.

3. It occasionally clutters and fills up my Messages screen on the phone when a number of different sites change their status such that it pushes other messages off the screen.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could have them all come from one account (e.g. "+1…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Editing Client Names

We updated the names of some clients, but it doesn't seem to carry through from screen to screen. Occasionally the old name appears instead. You may want to ensure consistency in the name of a client in the dashboard.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accessing Client Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transferring ownership of Domains and Hosting to someone else

You should use this forum/platform to also be able to actually transfer ownership of Domains/ Hosting without having to re-create everything. This is very confusing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Card Details

When messing around on my own account, I saw that you couldn't see the different card numbers to purchase on, which could be confusing to someone who has multiple visa cards in their account

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Managing Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fonts and colors

I would like to be able to use any font for my store or site and not just a choice of a few. Also color manipulation would be cool for backgrounds, like patterns or fades.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. automatic collection of my client's domain & services (why should i need permission to do this, i already do)

make it easy to 'move' the products/services I buy on behalf of my clients into an individual 'bucket'ach client

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. italiano language

I am a Super Reseller in Switzerland.

The sales system Reseller Pro or Super Reseller has a shopping service in English only, the Italian market is abandoned.
    I propose to translate the whole system so that we can re-sell the product in a simple and massive.
    In addition the e-commerce software to godaddy exclusively in English, you can translate it in Italian?
    I renew my proposal ancje for e-commerce.
    Regards Giuseppe.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Manage WP should be able to update plugins that are required for cetain themes

Right now ManageWP updates the themes, but if there are required plugins that are needed to be updated after the theme is updated, ManageWP doesn't recognize that. Then I'm still forced to go into each site individually and update the required plugins.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Manage WP not recognizing hosted with go daddy because the use of cloudflare

Right now all my sites are hosted through GoDaddy but I use a CDN. When using Manage WP it doesn't find that my sites are hosted with GoDaddy so I'm not allowed to take advantage of the cloud backups and the uptime monitor without getting rid of my CDN.

I wish there was another way for GoDaddy to validate especially because all my sites show up in the dropdown box when adding a new site to Manage WP.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base