Reseller Custom Storefront

As the plugin is out or beta and live to all, please post any feedback you have on our general UserVoice Forum located here: https://godaddy.uservoice.com/forums/906550-reseller
Thank you for all the feedback! It has been extremely valuable!

1. activate

I keep getting the following error when I try to activate. It's working fine on my wordpress test site. Now I'm trying to use it on my main site. Are we able to install in 2 sites? Could that be why it's not working? I've tried deactivating on one and activating in another but still had the same error. Please advise. Excited to get set up. Thank you!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected TUSE, expecting TFUNCTION in /home/content/77/12228877/html/dogstarpro/wp-content/plugins/reseller-store/reseller-store.php on line 34

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry to hear that you were having an issue activating the plugin. We reccomend using PHP 5.5 or PHP 7.1 and the latest version of WordPress. If you are still having an issue, please contact support.

2. Hi good, kick-@$$ folks of GoDaddy,

This is related to the Storefront. I'm glad to see we're enabling more branded-related tools to the Storefront through the Wordpress plug-in. There's another pressing concern regarding this, specific to the automated emails generated for the Storefront, i.e. "product renewals," "how did we do survey" etc. Numerous clients have contacted me with concerns over these emails, thinking that they were SPAM or from a 3rd-party company or hacker, being that we've saved many hacked accounts and acquired customers through this service. Most other clients simply cannot tell the difference of a legitimate email from us or not since they receive…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. In the near future, we will be providing emails that use the branding palette that you select via the new branding beta page. Look for more announcements coming soon.

3. WPML plugin appears to hang installation

If the WPML (https://wpml.org/) plugin is installed before the Godaddy reseller storefront plugin the Godaddy plugin will appear to hang upon installation. However, the Godaddy plugin will be installed; the Reseller Store admin link must be reclicked to see the Products list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Menu options on Secureserver to take visitors back to WordPress site.

On Secureserver there should be an option to take people back to the WordPress site rather than the homepage of Secureserver storefront.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the response, Nathan! For visibility, you can sign into your GoDaddy reseller account and navigate to reseller.godaddy.com/settings/branding. Feel free to update your Home URL to your WordPress site. Thank you for using our custom beta storefront plugin!

5. Domain Transfer Functionality is also needed

I couldn't find the domain transfer (like domain registration search box) product in this plugin. Is it not yet added, or I'm missing something? Right now, I've to point my visitors to secureserver.net domain transfer page. Please consider this functionality in reseller plugin if it's not already added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using our beta storefront plugin and for providing us with feedback! The plugin does not currently support the domain transfer product, but we can definitely look into adding it. For now, you will need to continue using your secureserver.net site for domain transfers.

6. no default template or nav menu

There is no default template or nav menu. Wen trying to build a nav menu none of the product categories show up. So you would manually have to go to the plugin products and figure out the links to each parent category then manually add them one by one to the menu with custom link? Really?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of the standard GoDaddy themes (such as Primer and Activation) are great templates for getting started with the plugin and can be highly customized based on your needs. We have some video documentation that will help you get a site up and running in under 5 minutes. I have attached some resources below for your convenience.

Primer theme: wordpress.org/themes/primer
    Activation theme: wordpress.org/themes/activation
    Video documentation for quickly building a custom menu on one of GoDaddy’s themes: youtu.be/aaglqDd-gRE?t=1m25s
    Less

Thank you for using our custom storefront plugin and for providing us with feedback!

7. What's the update process for the plugin going to be like?

Does this plugin come with the ability to be updated seamlessly from the Plugins page of our WP dashboard like most other plugins? Or are you going to be emailing us when updates/bug fixes get applied and we have to re-download/reinstall?

Just curious how we should be on the lookout for new versions as it's been on version 0.3.1 for almost a month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Questions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello and thank you for using our beta storefront plugin! Great question – since the plugin is still in beta, we have been doing manual releases and emails, but we plan on going live shortly. When the storefront plugin is published and launched to the public, you should be able to seamlessly update it from the dashboard just like any other plugin. We have a lot of features lined up for our upcoming 1.0 release!

8. woocommerce?

How do I integrate with WooCommerce?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Questions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Default Template and Menu?

Are there any default templates or plugins for the menu?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for using our custom storefront plugin and for providing us with feedback! Most of the standard GoDaddy themes (such as Primer and Activation) are great templates for getting started with the plugin and can be highly customized based on your needs. We have some video documentation that will help you get a site up and running in under 5 minutes. I have attached some resources for you below for your convenience.

Primer theme: https://wordpress.org/themes/primer/
    Activation theme: https://wordpress.org/themes/activation/
    Video documentation for quickly building a site on one of GoDaddy’s themes: https://youtu.be/aaglqDd-gRE?t=1m25s

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    After doing some further testing, we have a beta version that you can download and install.

http://go.me/beta

This has been tested on a few GoDaddy Linux 4gh, 2gh, cPanel, and Managed WordPress hosting accounts. Please keep in mind that this is a beta version and is still going through further review.

Thanks,

11. Long time for completing initial setup

After uploading plug-in and then selecting the option to Login and Activate, the message "Importing product catalog and installing" has been displayed for over an hour with no progress shown.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group Products (Custom Package Creation)

It will be great to have grouped products to allow customers to purchase multiple products in one click. For example, I want my customer to purchase a Starter Online Package which contains a Starter Hosting Product, Standard SSL Certificate and Basic Sitelock. So when my customer clicks on Starter Online Package, in one click all 3 products should get added to cart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Activation hangs when during verification then eventually gets me

To a page at Godaddy that literally is a "Whoops!"

Looks like the page you wanted is no longer here etc ...

Is it my settings in wordpress?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Storefront hanging on activation

Chelsea,

Thanks for the activation! I'm looking forward to building the reseller program into my offerings.

I have uploaded and installed the zip file into plug ins.

I clicked on the plug in, and did the activation, but it hangs up showing this:
    Importing product catalog and installing for an extended period of time (30+ minutes).

Is this what it should be doing?

Thanks for all help,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could you try deactivating other plugins that are on your site please? If you deactive the other plugins and activate ours and it works, please let us know what plugins you had to deactivate so we can look into what needs to be done to resolve the issue with the other plugins.

15. Shortcodes for Reseller Plugin would be super-easy to UpSell or design Custom plans

Hi,
    I am interested to offer a combo package (UpSelling) from single-page only. For example: A Hosting plan + Business Email plan + SSL in one page, so that my visitors when purchasing Hosting and easily buy email and SSL, and similar other product (combinations). Another example: When someone searches Domain, the result pages I can add a Hosting Plan too. So if this Reseller Plugin would come with Shortcode it will benefit novice users like me to add different products in single page and get benefited with more sales.
    If you like my idea, please consider this feature too.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using the beta plugin and for providing feedback! There are currently a couple different ways that you can accomplish this. You can use our product widgets (located in Appearance —> Widgets —> Reseller Product), or alternatively you can create your own custom post or page. Simply inserting the URLs of the products you’d like to display on that page will render their product pods. Let us know if you have any other questions and we’ll be happy to assist you!

16. Multiple Currency Option

Since I am a reseller from India, selling products in USD makes no sense for my customers. The storefront offers options to sell in INR. I want the same options in the WordPress plugin too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently working on having the plugin default to the currency selected in RCC. In the meantime you can download and install our debug plugin here

http://go.me/advanced

In order for this plugin to work you must have the reseller-store plugin installed and activated and you will see an additional menu named Advanced Options that will allow you to override the currency.

17. Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel

Currently I have my wordpress reseller on the free deluxe linux hosting with cpanel. After activating the plugin and trying the login & activate button it just sits in a never ending loop.

I threw up a managed wordpress site using one of my free managed wp and had no problem with it logging in and pulling my product. Why will this not work on the deluxe cpanel hosting?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fatal Error on plugin activation

There appears to be a conflict with Yoast Glue plugin.

Upon activation of reseller plugin I received the following error.

Fatal error: Internal Zend error - Missing class information for in /home/overstreetbilly/public_html/wp-content/plugins/glue-for-yoast-seo-amp/classes/class-options.php on line 11

I hope you find the information useful.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Problem with WordPress Plugin for reseller storefront

I have Activate the plugin by signing into my account and all the pages that where imported (products) the pages are not found 404 how can you hep

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More Reseller Product Widget Options

It would be great if there were more options for the reseller product widgets so we could use the elements individually or groped together...

Product [select]
    [x] Show title
    [x] Show description
    [x] Show price
    [x] Show add to cart
    Image size [ medium | large | original | hide ]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback! This will be super useful – We’ll plan on adding more customization to the widgets in a future release! In the meantime, you can manually customize individual product titles, descriptions, and the product image to achieve some of the desired behavior.

Reseller Custom Storefront

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base