Reseller Custom Storefront

As the plugin is out or beta and live to all, please post any feedback you have on our general UserVoice Forum located here: https://godaddy.uservoice.com/forums/906550-reseller
Thank you for all the feedback! It has been extremely valuable!

1. I'm using your new reseller plugin. It does a good job, but I see some items missing like VPS hosting services, dedicated servers, options f

I'm using your new reseller plugin. It does a good job, but I would like to see see some addition products like: VPS hosting services, dedicated servers, options for country-based TLDs in the search product, Domain transfers, bulk registration, bulk transferring and domain back ordering.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk Registration and Bulk Transfer

Would like to have the ability to offer bulk domain registration and bulk domain transfers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We are still evaluating the approach to supporting this feature with the best performance, system integrity, and abuse prevention. For now we recommend linking to the current bulk pages.

3. Long time for completing initial setup

After uploading plug-in and then selecting the option to Login and Activate, the message "Importing product catalog and installing" has been displayed for over an hour with no progress shown.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The WP Reseller Plugin Does Not Connect to Checkout Cart On iPhone or iPads

The Godaddy reseller plugin does not connect the product/servces to the checkout shopping cart on iPhones or iPads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give resellers a domain search form with responsive results.

When the desktop domain search form is searched from a mobile device the potential customer is redirected to the mobile homepage, with no search results. On the other hand, if the mobile site is searched from a desktop the mobile site is returned. The Wordpress Reseller Store plugin domain search widget/page is not responsive, and the results do not appear on a mobile device.

Without a form provided by the reseller team to direct potential customers to the correct results page, or without a responsive search form, each reseller will have to reinvent a site that directs a user correctly,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expanded Catalog

Would like to see the catalog expanded to include all products that can be sold through the secureserver.net store. E.g. VPS, Dedicated Hosting, Domain Transfers, Domain Backordering, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add remaining products

can you add the remaining options that are our reseller accounts to the wordpress plugin

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wordpress reseller plugin works on a pc browser but does not actually connect to the shopping cart on mobile devices. Is it working others?

My Wordpress reseller plugin shows shopping cart empty when trying to purchase services on a mobile device.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear you were having an issue. We’ve made several updates to the plugin recently so make sure you are on the latest version. If you continue to experience an issue, please contact support.

9. currency

Some of my products are showing with my price with a strike through and then "Rs ,__.00" for the price.

Have updated the plugin, uninstalled the pugin, reinstalled new from scratch, reinstalled old from scratch, still the same problem. These numbers reflect in my product listing in the backend of wordpress as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear you were having issues with the plugin. We have made several updates to the plugin since this issue was first reported. If you continue to experience an issue please contact support so we can get more specific information about your reseller account and WordPress server settings.

10. Storefront hanging on activation

Chelsea,

Thanks for the activation! I'm looking forward to building the reseller program into my offerings.

I have uploaded and installed the zip file into plug ins.

I clicked on the plug in, and did the activation, but it hangs up showing this:
    Importing product catalog and installing for an extended period of time (30+ minutes).

Is this what it should be doing?

Thanks for all help,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could you try deactivating other plugins that are on your site please? If you deactive the other plugins and activate ours and it works, please let us know what plugins you had to deactivate so we can look into what needs to be done to resolve the issue with the other plugins.

11. Domain Name Search Widget Returns suggested domain I don't sell

The search widget returns suggest alternates if a domain is taken. Unfortunately it returns many TLD's that are not for sale through my store.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that you were having issues with the plugin. We have made some changes to the plugin recently on how the domains search feature works, so make sure you have updated to the most recent version. You may also try deactivating and reactivating the plugin to make sure it is correctly “wired up” to your reseller plan. If you continue to experience issues, please contact our support.

12. Domain name search widget

I do not sell .lawyer but if I search at my site, the domain name search widget provides suggested .lawyer names at unreasonable prices with an add to cart button. The suggested alternate domains should be limited to TLS's that we actually sell.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to add up-sell products to a product that has been added to the cart

Would love to see the ability to offer up-sell products at the time a product is added to the shopping cart. I.e. Provide an option to redirect (at the time the add to cart button is clicked) to an "additional offers" page that would list all available (or selected based on product configuration) up-sell products. Similar to what happens today in the storefront when I select something like "Managed WordPress", I get redirected to a page that offers 1) Extended Terms, and 2) Additional Products (SiteLock and Standard SSL). Perhaps this could be part of the catalog expansion development that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add affiliation tracking program to Storefornt

I have lot of people who refer business to me, for whom I have pay some kind of referral fee, request you add affiliation program which is available on GoDaddy site to Storefront also.

This would help me tracking people who refer business to me. This is little urgent as I am new and yet to start marketing process.

Thanks and regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding Virtual and Dedicated servers to the product catalog

I have plans to completely go custom using this plugin, however, I'm missing some products in the catalog. Would it be possible to also add Virtual Private servers as a product? Dedicated would also be nice, but not as important to me at least.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi good, kick-@$$ folks of GoDaddy,

This is related to the Storefront. I'm glad to see we're enabling more branded-related tools to the Storefront through the Wordpress plug-in. There's another pressing concern regarding this, specific to the automated emails generated for the Storefront, i.e. "product renewals," "how did we do survey" etc. Numerous clients have contacted me with concerns over these emails, thinking that they were SPAM or from a 3rd-party company or hacker, being that we've saved many hacked accounts and acquired customers through this service. Most other clients simply cannot tell the difference of a legitimate email from us or not since they receive…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. In the near future, we will be providing emails that use the branding palette that you select via the new branding beta page. Look for more announcements coming soon.

18. Menu options on Secureserver to take visitors back to WordPress site.

On Secureserver there should be an option to take people back to the WordPress site rather than the homepage of Secureserver storefront.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the response, Nathan! For visibility, you can sign into your GoDaddy reseller account and navigate to reseller.godaddy.com/settings/branding. Feel free to update your Home URL to your WordPress site. Thank you for using our custom beta storefront plugin!

19. no default template or nav menu

There is no default template or nav menu. Wen trying to build a nav menu none of the product categories show up. So you would manually have to go to the plugin products and figure out the links to each parent category then manually add them one by one to the menu with custom link? Really?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of the standard GoDaddy themes (such as Primer and Activation) are great templates for getting started with the plugin and can be highly customized based on your needs. We have some video documentation that will help you get a site up and running in under 5 minutes. I have attached some resources below for your convenience.

Primer theme: wordpress.org/themes/primer
    Activation theme: wordpress.org/themes/activation
    Video documentation for quickly building a custom menu on one of GoDaddy’s themes: youtu.be/aaglqDd-gRE?t=1m25s
    Less

Thank you for using our custom storefront plugin and for providing us with feedback!

20. Activation hangs when during verification then eventually gets me

To a page at Godaddy that literally is a "Whoops!"

Looks like the page you wanted is no longer here etc ...

Is it my settings in wordpress?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs/Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3

Reseller Custom Storefront

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base