Reseller

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Please let us know how we can improve our reseller program! Be sure to select a category that best fits the feedback you would like to give us.

How can we improve our reseller program?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Instead of color palette allow selecting every color separately

There would be always someone for whom the color palettes created by GoDaddy would not be sufficient. Instead of these color palettes, we should be able to select an individual color by providing hex code.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Branding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. This has been a popular request since we launched our beta branding. We’ve been examining options on how to best support this request and believe we found a way to allow customization of colors so you can get your colors inserted into the page. We understand this is a very important need to ensure brand saturation for your customers and we will be prioritizing the effort to implement the new design.

• Logout links on Cart page, Secureserver.net page and My Account page should direct to custom URL rather than www.secureserver.net/?plid=***

Since we are using wordpress reseller plugin, when my customer goes to cart, or my account, or any page on secureserver.net site, and when he click LOGOUT link, he should go back to my custom homepage that i've entered in RCC rather than going to www.secureserver.net/?plid=*** or any other secureserver.net page.

29 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Welcome email sent to Customer upon Sign up contains link to Godaddy phone

When new customer Creates an Account (either directly through create account link or through Cart check-out process) he receives an email (welcome mail) which contains his account number. The email has a blue button "Get Started" which points to sso.secureserver.net login page (un-branded) and displays the Godaddy phone number instead of 480 624 2500 or reseller's custom number.

1. Can you change the link of that button which points to sso.secureserver.net login page having Reseller name and logo?

2. Can you change the Godaddy phone to default reseller phone on that page?

33 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Branding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Make www.secureserve.net/?pl_id=*** redirect to custom domain

When a reseller has entered custom domain (store.domain.com) in RCC and has used CNAME settings as shown in RCC then a customer when lands on www.secureserver.net/?pl_id=*** should be redirected to store.domain.com

If this is not implemented then the use of custom domains becomes meaningless as when customer clicks on welcome emails, renewal emails, order emails, they land on www.secureserver.net/?pl_id=*** rather than custom domain or subdomains that reseller has entered in RCC.

So for all resellers who have opted-in custom domains, their customers should be redirected to custom domain, and for resellers who haven't set up custom domains, their…

25 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Standard Storefront  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. There are definitely opportunities for us to improve the use of your custom domain and we’re looking into how we can make your customer’s experience consistent. There are some limitations are preventing us from fixing this issue in all instances, but we hope to be able to provide you with updates in the near future.

• Web Design, Logo Design Plans

Are we getting Web design and logo design plans? I've seen Godaddy India to offer web design plan, and many of my Indian customers too wanted to have webdesign + domain + hosting package from my reseller store. Few years back it was a great add-on. Can we have that again?

18 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I will take a look into this again. We used to offer the product when it was a higher recurring price and there were very few sold. I will work with the team to see what kind of work it would entail to enable.

• Domain Search Box points to old storefront from My Products page

There is a domain search box when customer logs in to his account on secureserver site. Though I've opted-in to display beta new storefront in RCC, this domain search box goes to old secureserver site.

Since this is the 1st step in shopping experience for any customer, can we have the domain search box display domain results on new storefront?

22 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Standard Storefront  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for letting us know! Your shoppers should absolutely be seeing the new search page. We will work with the appropriate teams to get this resolved.

• Allow third-party affiliate tracking code on order confirmation page

Since you are not allowing to insert html or javascript codes in header or footer of storefront and cart, it has become difficult to track with the affiliate tracking codes / html tags or image tags that third-party affiliate site like commission junction, share-a-sale, etc. has given me. I don't know which of my affiliate has given me the lead or sale.

My suggestion: After successful payment on cart.secureserver.net domain, redirect the customer to new page on www.secureserver.net/order and allow resellers to enter their html code, tracking code (as this will be the last page any customer will visit after…

11 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Standard Storefront  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Chat now functionality for the storefront

This is something that would be costly to implement but we would really appreciate if you can provide the chat option available for storefronts. It would really boost the sales of resellers which also means great profit for Godaddy. Also, if chat embed option is provided then even custom storefronts consuming API directly would benefit highly from this feature.

13 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this up. I have looked into our own chat options but have run into issues around language and also it being available at only certain times.

Your suggestions, is it so you could provide chat support to your own customers? Or are you asking GoDaddy to handle support of your customers via chat?

• Mask or replace Help pages with custom domain

The new help pages https://www.secureserver.net/help?pl_id=*** should be replaced with custom domain like the product pages have been replaced. https://store.example.com/help/

that will make entire site experience consistent.

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Standard Storefront  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Remove Minimum Retail Price

For many products including hosting and new gTLDs there is huge difference (margin) between Buy Rate and Minimum Retail Price. Some products have margin as huge as $12. Can we have this minium retail price get removed? I want to sell many products at $0.50 to $1 margin rather than setting it at minimum retail price.

If we get that minimum retail price removed (or just show it as minimum suggested price) then many of the products will be cheaper for many markets.

At another domain reseller program I can even set my price as same as buy rate.

11 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reseller Control Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. There are lots of changes we have planned that will allow more pricing options for resellers. These changes are a way out, but we are actively working with our ecomm development team to design a solution that will provide more flexibility.

• Reseller company name and Logo in Invoice

When customer prints an invoice from "Order Hostory" it's printing an invoice without company name/ Logo/Address . So it prints a orphan invoice without any company name with all product details, custoemr details etc..Any invoice a Header company name/Logo/Address is must to have a credible invoice . Hope this can be achieved very soon

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Please bring back the $1.99 / $3.99 domain promo

There was a great domain name registration promo, under which my customers could get .com / .net / .org for $1.99 with any non-domain product they bought. I had over 200 customers in last 5 years who enjoyed this promo. Suddenly this promo is not seen anywhere!

:(

Could please bring it back? It was a great upsell feature!

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add to knowledgebase / RCC

As a reseller we really don't know if our customers can add custom products/services (ADD-ONS) like:

1. Premium DNS, Domain Backorders
                            2. Dedicated IP to shared/business/VPS hosting
                            3. Additional bandwidth
                            4. Additional RAM/CPU for shared/business hosting/VPS
                            5. Additional web space to Site builder
                            6. Assisted Service (for vps/dedi/shared)
                            7. Expert Hands (for vps/dedi/shared)
                            8. Any other add-ons like Backup space, etc.

Some of these products might be only available up on calling the support department as they are not seen on new storefront.

It will be helpful if you add a page in RCC to tell the resellers what all…

5 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reseller Control Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. This is a great idea. It only makes sense that you should have the marketing materials you need especially now that we have a stripped down new storefront. I’ll forward your suggestion on to our marketing team.

• Beta Branding logo restrictions

Hi, I really like the improved beta site but it needs to flexible so that Logos and other wording can be updated etc. My logo is so small that you can't read the text. Please HELP....

12 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We will review with our development team to see how we can make this option more flexible to allow you to showcase your brand. We hope to make your customer’s experience the best it can be. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on improvements.

• SSL certs with monthly pricing

I was browsing Godaddy site and found they're selling SSL certs for $5/mo starting price. That seems to be a low price (considering its monthly). Whereas, reseller price $39 per year seems a one-time big investment for individuals, and international customers too. Also many companies are offering free letsencrypt SSL, etc. Thus sales of our SSL have declined in past 12 months.

Can you recreate the pricing strategy to offer SSL for monthly basis? A $3 or $4 per month seems affordable for individual users having personal sites/blogs.

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Favicon for the New Storefront Design.

having ability to update favicon image in the new storefront would be great.
                                  Currently my web is not showing the Favicon Image.

11 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bring Website Backup product for resellers

Up till now I was using third-party website backup products for my sites hosted on another provider, and also few of my customer sites hosted on reseller store. Since godaddy launched Website Backup plans (even for third-party hosted sites) I grabbed 3 plans, 1 for me, and 2 25GB plans for my customers sites. But many of my web developer friends aksed me in past whether I offer backup product on storefront and answer was no.

So I would like that this Website Backup products should be offered for sell for resellers customers too! Great addition to keep sites safe.

8 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on making more products available for sale through the reseller channel, including Website Backup. We will provide additional communications when these products become available for sale!

• Show Products on sale in Notifications popup in My Products of user

If a reseller has made available certain product ON SALE, then show popup / alert under Notifications icon in the header when customer logs in to My Products page. This will help reseller to sell more products, and also help his customer to take advantage of products on sale. This can be a great and simple alternative to sending promo emails to customers.

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Standard Storefront  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Domain Backorder in Domain Search-result page

In old desktop storefront there was a domain-backorder link to every domain-search made when domain was not available (i.e. already registered). Many-a-time I've myself used the backorder link to add that specific domain to my backorder.

In new storefront (and in WP plugin) when a customer searches a domain and if that domain is already registered, he should be shown a link to backorder it. - that is missing in wordpress plugin too!

Can we have that ability again?

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on a flexible configuration page which will allow us to offer Domain Backorder to your customers in both the new storefront and WP Plugin. This would pertain to the credits one could purchase for Domain Backorder along with Privacy credits. We also plan to include Domain Backorder on the Domain Search Results Page as well as on WhoIs. I don’t have an exact date when this will be available, but expect it by end of year (hopefully sooner).

• Replace http link with https link

When we set currency or market on the storefront, it redirects on the /set-preferences page with HTTP, instead of HTTPS. It increases unnecessary redirect and now as all resellers are going to have SSL on their custom domain, these multiple redirects can be avoided by using HTTPS in 1st place while redirecting. Same applies for /sso/custom-domain-set.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base