I suggest you ...

Chat now functionality for the storefront

This is something that would be costly to implement but we would really appreciate if you can provide the chat option available for storefronts. It would really boost the sales of resellers which also means great profit for Godaddy. Also, if chat embed option is provided then even custom storefronts consuming API directly would benefit highly from this feature.

15 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeet Chaudhari shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminReseller Team (Admin, GoDaddy) responded  · 

Thank you for bringing this up. I have looked into our own chat options but have run into issues around language and also it being available at only certain times.

Your suggestions, is it so you could provide chat support to your own customers? Or are you asking GoDaddy to handle support of your customers via chat?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to provide Chat functionality in store front by Myself, especailly Cart page to onboard a new customer filling / selecting form fields like plan terms, currency, getting to know he added all products that he wants to buy, offer him coupon if he purchases right now, etc.

Since I offer tech support, i need chat support as not all people want to waste money on calls which can end up more pricey than the product they buy.

Chat support by me would benefit my user and me to have 1 on 1 talk right on store and i can start exploring his cpanel or domain zone etc to troubleshoot there itself.

• Jeet Chaudhari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, Godaddy provides on-call support for reseller's customers if a customer calls on numbers provided by Godaddy, the same way I want Godaddy to provide the same kind of support to reseller's customers via chat now functionality.

This is should be optional, in RCC we have a setting where we can decide if GoDaddy is going to provide support to our customers or not. This chat now option should be part of this setting, means If reseller chooses GD to provide on-call support as well as live chat then this live chat would be activated and for resellers who are willing to provide their own support can disable this setting.

• Sterling Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't expect GoDaddy to support as far as being the chat connection peeps, just that if we could embed a third party code that would allow for this. Facebook has an awesome one, and I've done for some WordPress based clients with plugins that also offer code that can be embedded or the pop up lower rt chat icon that alerts us thru email or even our phones where we can reply from there for a potential customer conversation.
        Many of us w our businesses/services/talents etc constantly work daily, weekly forward for one and all to make things more engaging, modern, connected etc so hopefully GoDaddy is doing all to join with us with that All Forward practices, platforms and ever improving engagement! The reseller plan is a winWIN for one and all (You, Us, shared Customers) just bringing it more up to 2018 look, feel and interactivity is bit behind.
        THNKS
        BEST all ways forward,
        -Sterling Williams
        #TheWebStylist

• Scott Pattson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. If you allow to insert javascript in cart.securesever.net page, just like godaddy has, we reseller can add live-chat JS code and provide exceptional sales support for those customers who have questions at point-of-sale or while purchasing. I'm online almost 11-12 hrs a day on computer, and can provider such live-chat support on cart page. (i do support it on my custom site, but can't assist my customer doing live-purchase as they leave my site towards card/checkout)/

Feedback and Knowledge Base