I suggest you ...

Include discounted price in Order total

On the Cart page under Your Items heading the products are shown which are added by the user.

The order in which they appear are:-
Product name
Sub Total
Taxes & Fees
Total

But when a customer applies a promo code, only the amount in 'Sub Total' field is reduced with respect to whatever percentage or dollar amount the promo is.

When there is only one item in the Cart then the recognition/identification is easy for eyes, but when more than one items are there then the recognition/identification becomes difficult.

In an example if $1 or 10% OFF promo is applied:

Example:
Hosting $10
Sub Total $9
Taxes $0.20
Total $10.20

This is easy if there's only one product added, but if there are 2 or more then exactly how much discount applied in cart will be difficult to recognize.

Suggestion:
Hosting $10
Discount: $1
Sub Total $9
Taxes $0.20
Total $10.20

As a user-experience is concerned, I've always seen the exact amount of discount price before Sub Total in various carts like Amazon, Target, or even in WHMCS (hosting cart used by majority of hosting providers).

If we display the exact discount/promo applied before Sub Total price, then it will be very beneficial for users to exactly know how much amount of discount was applied.

Can the team please take this suggestion to add the discount amount in Cart?

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Max shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  AdminReseller Team (Admin, GoDaddy) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback. Discounts can be complicated when wanting to show a discount for a promo or a discount for purchasing a longer term or even when a free product is offered with the purchase of another. Because of these complications, we have a separate team that manages these changes which are driven by testing that results in the best performance. I will share your idea with that team.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base